Why Apache JMeter is best for Performance and Load Testing Services
A web application’s performance is a significant factor for the growth of your online business. When the performance of a web application fails it can affect your business immediately. So always running a performance and load testing for your web application can improve your user experience. There are so many QA testing tools available in the market to conduct performance and load testing. Among those tools, Apache JMeter is well known for its features and also works well in eliminating bugs to increase the load speed.
What is Apache JMeter?
Apache JMeter is the most used performance and load testing tool by web developers to improve the website’s speed, scalability, and stability. It is open-source software available for all sizes of software businesses. A unique feature that makes the JMeter be an outstanding tool is it can support both web and networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, LDAP, SOAP, and TCP. It can also support email protocols such as IMAP(Server), POP3(Server), and SMTP (Server).
Features of Apache JMeter in Performance and Load Testing ;
Multithreading Framework – Simultaneously it allows sampling of different functions as a separate thread groups.
GUI Design and Interface – Its friendly GUI design and interface makes it extremely easy to use and allows the tester to build test plan and debugging quickly.
Result Analysis and Caches – It caches the test result and allows the user to analyze the test results offline.
Highly Extensible Core – It is compatible with third-party integrations and plugins which allows you to extend your testing and write your own test.
100% Java Scripted – Highly portable and supports all Java-based apps.
Data Analysis and Visualization – Data Analysis and visualization plugin allow the test result to be displayed in different formats such as a chart, table, tree, and log file.
Dynamic Input – It provides dynamic input or data manipulation to a test by using functions.
Advantages of Apache JMeter in Performance and Load Testing ;
- JMeter is open-source software that can be downloaded for free of cost. It is a 100% Java scripted application where developers can use its source code and customize it based on their requirements.
- It is easy to install and use. Developers can download this pure java desktop application with pre-built default settings from the internet.
- JMeter is developed with the most popular programming language JAVA which is a platform-independent able to run in any OS like Windows, Linux, or Mac.
- The tester can generate test results as a visualized report. It also supports different formats of reporting like text, XML, HTML, and JSON.
- Can perform all different tests like Load Test, Stress Test, Functional Test, Distributed Test in a single tool.
- It can support multiple protocols like HTTP, FTP, SOAP, JDBC, JMS, and LDAP.
- JMeter supports performance testing of the database.
- It is a more flexible tool that can be customized as per developer requirements.
We provide the best Test Automation experts to run customized performance testing using JMeter for all business websites to improve their speed, scalability and stability. Reach our Performance test engineer to improve your website functionalities in terms of performance and load testing.